3 days | 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
6th (Tues) 7th (Wed) 8th (Thurs)
Location: Training Room, Paradise Kids Building
Presented By: Deirdre Hanna & Tomoko Sakai
Concession & Full Time Students: $50.00*
PK Placement Students & PK Buddies: $30.00
Inclusions: Course Materials & Refreshments
This experiential training provides skills to help children and adults make creative choices in dealing with grief, loss and illness and helps participants become more aware of the importance of healing their own grief. The training will benefit social workers, teachers, chaplains, nurses, counsellors, health professionals and others working with children. This is also the prerequisite training for working as a buddy with Paradise Kids.
Topics in the course include:
- The grieving process in adults and children
- Impacts of childhood grief on adult life and health
- Developing an understanding of death in children
- Separations, divorce and other life transitions
- The transformative potential of grief, the power of attitude and motivation in dealing with life crises
- Listening with empathy
- Communication skills for working in a team
- Paradise Kids Program and your role as a 'buddy'
For more information:
Phone: (07) 5625 1900
Please download the Enrolment Form complete and return along with your payment details to secure your place.
Please Note: Payments will not be deducted until the actual month of the course/workshop.
Fax: (07) 5563 3139
Paradise Kids Grief & Loss Buddy Training
PO Box 1290, Runaway Bay QLD 4216
88 Allied Drive, Arundel QLD 4214
* Concessions: concessions apply upon presentation of a current QLD Health Care Card, Seniors/Pension Card or QLD Full Time Student Card.