The first step in the process is to submit your application form either by by downloading a form and sending in or by completing it online.
Download APPLICATION FORM or use our ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Both parties must complete and return a separate application form each, before the application is processed by us. Both forms must be submitted to us along with a deposit of $110 for the first hour of visitation, or $66 for the first changeover payable by whoever the Court or prior arrangements have deemed responsible for payment of service. If there is no arrangement in place, each party will be responsible for half the cost of all services.
Once it has been agreed that your family will be using PKSC, you are required to pay for your chosen service at least three days prior to commencement. Payment is accepted by bank deposit, internet transfer, online via our website or in person. Please allow up to 4 working days for your bank to complete transfer and use your Full Name as the reference. Supervision or Changeovers will not begin until the all fees are paid in full.
On our receipt of the application forms and deposit, you will be notified that your intake has commenced. You will then receive an intake phone call to discuss availability and if there is a need for an assessment interview. Assessment interviews are required when violence, mental health and or substance abuse is an issue. They are conducted separately with each parent at the Paradise Kids Supervision Centre. The cost for these interviews is $66 per parent (inclusive of GST) and generally will require a half hour of your time.
During the call our staff member will answer any concerns regarding the questions on the application form; inform you what you can expect from the service; clarify court orders; and assist us in understanding how you and your child/children are coping with the current circumstances. We can also arrange a free orientation visit for your child so they feel comfortable coming to the Paradise Kids Supervision Centre.
If it is assessed that service delivery is to be undertaken, Paradise Kids Supervision Centre will keep a copy of all court orders, parenting agreements, family violence orders on file. This information is kept in a secure file, only assessable to those directly working on your case at the centre. Please be aware that written Court reports will incur a fee.
$110.00* Per Hour of a Supervised Visit
The first hour of supervision is required as a deposit with your application and the remaining amount is due 3 days prior the commencement of service.
$66.00* Per Supervised Changeover
The first changeover is required as a deposit with your application and subsequent changeovers are required to to paid three days in advance of service.
$66.00* Assessment Interview (per parent, if required)
$440.00* Court Report
$FREE Child Orientation Session
*Inclusive of GST
If over-payment of fees occurs, it will be fully refunded to you, by the same method in which the payment was made.
To make a payment go to the Payments Page for Services
With handovers, it is our aim that these are scheduled in a manner that visual, verbal and physical contact does not occur between the parties. This is done by having the primary caregiver leave the child/children 10 minutes prior to the scheduled supervised visit or changeover and the supervised participant or other party arriving on time.
At the end of a supervised visit or return of the child to the primary caregiver, we request the supervised visit end on time or the other party returns the child/children on time and the primary caregiver arrives 10 minutes afterward to pick up the child/children. This arrangement will go more smoothly if both parties respect the conditions and set timeframes.
The child/children will only be handed over to designated people, so if you are likely to have difficulty meeting arrival / departure times, PKSC requires that you register a nominated carer by filling out the appropriate information on your application form, prior to commencement of the service.
Sometimes children refuse to attend. This can be stressful for everyone involved. The role of the PKSC is to facilitate, not enforce, contact between children and parents. Scheduled visits that don’t occur because of child distress, will still incur the cost of an hour of the visit. Changeovers that don't occur due to a no show by either party will still incur the full fee.
Your Rights & Responsibilties
At Paradise Kids we strive to provide excellent, respectful, compassionate, caring and safe services, which facilitates the healing of hurts and encourages positive family relationships.
As a Client of Paradise Kids Supervision Centre You have the Right to…
- Be treated in a professional, courteous, and caring manner that respects and appreciates differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, personal values, age, disability, and economic status.
- Have your personal privacy respected and confidentiality protected to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- Be provided with a safe environment for your family visit and have a visit free from interruptions.
- Choose to use or not to use our services.
- Make a complaint about the service received from PKSC and expect that this complaint will be investigated appropriately and in confidence.
- Access and read your records with a PKSC representative in attendance.
- Receive a full refund where any over-payment of fees has occurred.
As a Client of Paradise Kids Supervision Centre You have the Responsibility to…
- Be respectful of others, including PKSC staff, volunteers, and other service users.
- Treat Paradise Kids Supervision Centre’s property with care.
- Attend the service in a fit state (not under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
- Participate in the visit to maximise your benefits (turn off mobile phones and bring no electronic devices into the centre).
- Provide accurate information about yourself in order to receive the best care and notify us of any changes in circumstances.
- Meet your scheduled arrival and departure times. If you need to cancel an appointment please give 24 hours notice. A new supervised visit will be scheduled in it's place. If you are running late for some reason, notify the service.
- Register with the PKSC any person who may drop off or pick up the children on your behalf, prior to their involvement.
- Pre-pay any deposits and service fees.
Respect * Integrity * Authenticity * Growth