3 Saturdays & 1 Sunday | 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Training Room, Paradise Kids Building
Presented By: Deirdre Hanna, Mireille Allan & Pamela Chalip
Offered: February & July
Duration: 1 day per week over 4 weeks
Concession & Full Time Students: $195.00*
PK Interns: $240.00
Inclusions: Course Materials & Catering
This experiential course provides skills to help children and adults make creative choices in dealing with grief, loss and illness and helps participants become more aware of the importance of healing their own grief. The course will benefit social workers, teachers, chaplains, nurses, counsellors, health professionals and others working with children. This course is the pre-requisite training for working as a buddy with Paradise Kids and for interns doing their placement at Paradise Kids.
Topics in the course include:
- The grieving process in adults and children
- Impacts of childhood grief on adult life and health
- Developing an understanding of death in children
- Separations, divorce and other life transitions
- The transformative potential of grief, the power of attitude and motivation in dealing with life crises
- Listening with empathy
- Communication skills for working in a team
- Paradise Kids Program and your role as a 'buddy'
- 4 DAYS February | 11th * 18th * 25th March | 5th
- 4 DAYS July | 15th * 22nd * 29th August | 6th
For more information:
Phone: (07) 5574 6853
Please download the Enrolment Web Form (below) complete and return along with your payment details to secure your place.
Fax: (07) 5563 3139
Paradise Kids Grief Counselling Course
PO Box 1290, Runaway Bay QLD 4216
88 Allied Drive, Arundel QLD 4214
* Concessions: concessions apply upon presentation of a current QLD Health Care Card, Seniors/Pension Card or QLD F/T Student Card.