An Inside Story: Lessons from the Rainbow House is a comprehensive seven-week @Home Program based on the Grief & Loss Support Program offered here at Paradise Kids. Children need to be supported through grief, loss and life's big changes, with this in mind we created our PK @Home program to help the children unable to attend Paradise Kids in person. With this latest resource, our services can be extended to wherever you live in Australia.
Big Changes, Impact Little Lives
The PK @Home Program is fun and interactive, full of stories and activities designed to help children aged 6 to 11 years navigate grief, loss and life’s big changes. The workbook includes a mixture of story-telling, art activities, breathwork, stress reduction exercises, strong feelings expression techniques and mindfulness to help each child grow through their grief and become resilient in times of future change.
The @Home Program helps children learn to...
- understand that change is part of life and that loss is an event.
- tell their story and accept what has been and what is now.
- grieve the loss and feel the feelings.
- creatively and physically express strong feelings including anger, a natural response to loss (in a safe way).
- deal with any "unfinished business" around the loss.
- commemorate the loss, and look forward to their future.
- claim a new sense of self and feel empowered to move on.
There are seven lessons in the @Home Program. We recommend you allow one to two weeks to complete each lesson and set aside at least one hour each week to complete it. Younger children will require help from an adult (parent or caregiver), their PK @Home Buddy, to read and complete the workbook activities.
Coming Late 2020
Our @Home Program provides you with the choice of a physical workbook format (posted out to you) or an online format, both suitable to use individually @home or in small group settings. Prices start at just $25 with discounts available for school and small group bundles. Chat with our friendly team today about how the Paradise Kids @Home Program can help the children in your care.
Contact Us to Register Your Interest
Phone: (07) 5625 1900
Weekdays: 9 am to 4 pm